The first and most important thing is to rehydrate the product.To do this:
- Pour Plankton Marino Veta la Palma® into a bowl and slowly add water. Stir vigorously to obtain a paste with a honey-like texture.
- The proportion of water to freeze-dried powder is approximately 40ml of water (40g) in 10 grams of powder.
More or less water can be added as is needed depending on the desired consistency. Add a pinch of salt.
- Once rehydrated, keep cold by covering with film.
- In order to avoid the formation of difficult to dissolve lumps, avoid adding it directly in powder form to sauces, soups, broths, etc. It’s always better to hydrate it with water as described in the previous instructions and use this paste, than to dissolve or emulsify it.
- The hydrated paste can be used raw (uncooked) and can be incorporated directly with the other ingredients to be used.
- If you are going to cook, add the paste with the heat already turned off, and do not bring it to the boil. It loses organoleptic properties when cooked over heat for more than 2 minutes.
- We recommend to prepare only the quantity to be used, since the hydrated product will last only 24 hours.